Become a VINSE User
VINSE user facilities are open to everyone. There are no membership fees – VINSE charges hourly rates for specific facilities and equipment. To get started – please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Classification (e.g. graduate student, post-doc, researcher, etc.)
- Institution or organization if external to Vanderbilt
- PI/Sponsor name
- List of facilities and tools you want to use
VINSE staff will contact you to schedule your orientation and specific tool training. If you are a new VINSE facility user, please refer to additional details below to complete your safety training and set up your account so you can make online tool reservations.
Cleanroom Orientation ~90 minutes
Offered weekly - Thursdays at 10am - 226 Engineering Science Building.
Orientation will consist of the following:
- VINSE Cleanroom Safety Plan & Conduct of Operations Manual review
- Submission of a signed Safety Plan & Conduct of Operations Manual Acknowledgement form sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cleanroom walk-through
You will need to wear closed toed shoes and long pants and bring your safety glasses. If you have a cleanroom notebook, bring it along with a non-retractable pen (non-clicky).
Analytical / Nanocrystal Fabrication Orientation ~90 minutes
Offered weekly - Tuesdays at 10am - 226 Engineering Science Building
Advanced Imaging Training
No orientation, tool specific training is scheduled upon request
If you are a new VINSE Resource User
COMPLETE AND SUBMIT YOUR ONLINE SAFETY TRAINING. All VINSE facility users are required to complete “Chemical Waste Training for Labs” & “Chemical and Physical Safety in the Lab” safety training in the Learning Exchange. Please follow the instructions below and submit your training certificates prior to your first orientation.
- Log in at: https://learningexchange.ea.vanderbilt.edu/
- Under find a course, search VEHS
- Select enroll for “Chemical Waste Training for Labs” & “Chemical and Physical Safety in the Lab”
- Once course is completed, take post test to receive your completion certificates
- Email completion certificates to email@example.com
SET UP YOUR CORES ACCOUNT.
- Go to the CORES site here and click "New User Request Form".
- Log in with VUnet ID
- Fill out CORES New User Account Form, under role request, selected "resource user". Your account should be set up within 1-2 days.