Work with the Vanderbilt Center for Nashville Studies may take many forms, including consultation on a project's design and feasibility, collaboration that matches a research need with a Vanderbilt resource, or a longer term partnership that includes multiple ways of working together.
Center projects are, first and foremost, of significance to the city of Nashville. Projects are initiated by external partners and meet several additional criteria including:
• Involvement. What mechanisms are in place to involve Vanderbilt faculty and students in a meaningful, educationally significant way?
Project partners have included:
- Nashville Promise Neighborhood Initiative with the Martha O'Bryan Center
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA)
- Nashville Area Metropolitan Planning Organization
- Vanderbilt University's Saturday University
- Metropolitan Nashville Arts Commission
- Neighborhoods Resource Center
- Impact Nashville