At Vanderbilt Tutoring, you have the opportunity to meet with individually with a talented staff of tutors who will help you enhance your academic performance through the power of collaborative learning.
All currently enrolled Vanderbilt students can sign up for appointments with us. Our current tutoring staff are qualified to tutor many introductory and intermediate level courses in the following subjects: Biological Sciences, Chemistry (General & Organic), Economics, Mathematics, Neuroscience, Physics, and French. Services are free of charge.
To get started, simply look for the "Schedule an Appointment" link at the top of the right sidebar.
A Little More about Our Services
Individual Tutoring is available on a first-come basis to support students enrolled in a variety of classes offered by the following departments: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Neuroscience, Physics, and French.
Our tutors are undergraduates or graduate students who, having achieved a certain level of academic success themselves, are dedicated to helping their fellow students strive for the same. All individual tutoring takes place in 1801 Edgehill Ave, Suite 112 ("The Collaborative Learning Suite") on an appointment basis.
Students are allowed up to three sessions per week and no more than one session per day. Please plan ahead--as test times approach we see surges in requests for our limited number of (busy) tutors.
What Tutoring does not provide
Tutoring does not provide general academic counseling; specialized tutoring for students with learning disabilities; specialized tutoring for ESL students; psychotherapy services; testing for learning disabilities; proofreading or copy-editing services; academic advising; or career counseling.
Important Scheduling Policies
- You may schedule, modify, or cancel your appointments at any time by logging into our online scheduling platform (the "Schedule an Appointment" link at the top of the right sidebar.
- When you must cancel an appointment, please do so at least 8 hours in advance so another student may make use of that time.
- Three "no-show" appointments will result in your ability to schedule additional appointments being revoked.
The Waitlist Feature
Don't see an appointment when you need it? Check out our Waitlist feature! To join the waitlist, just click on the clock icon next to the day you need an appointment and sign up--you'll be notified if someone cancels during the window of time you specify. (You must still log in and reserve the appointment yourself on a first-come basis.)
- Vandy Vans: http://www.vandyvans.com/
- Escort by VUPD: As a supplement to the SafeTrips van service, walking escorts are available for students walking to and from any location on campus during the nighttime hours. Walking escorts are provided by VUPD officers. The telephone number to call for a walking escort is 421-8888 (off campus) or 1-8888 (on campus)” http://www.vanderbilt.edu/families/guidebook/studentservices.php .
You can download the SafeVU app to make accessing these resources easier: http://police.vanderbilt.edu/services/safevu.php