1. New Grant Proposal in COEUS
All grants are required to be submitted through COEUS in order to capture needed information to approve the proposal.
Grant proposals must then be submitted through PEER for PI & Key Persons Assurances, and PI & Key Persons Conflict of Interest (COI).
Items to include for SPA Administrative review:
- Abstract/Scope of Work
- Detailed Budget
- Budget Justification
- Special Review issues - IACUC, IRB, etc.
- Facilities and Resources
VU is Prime Recipient (New Grant Proposal)
- Sponsor Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA)
- Institutional/SPA signature page, if required by Sponsor
- If there are Sub-Recipients (outgoing funds to another institution helping VU with a portion of the work)
- Signed Subrecipient Statement of Collaborative Intent Form (SSCI) from Sub-Recipient (SR)
- Specific to the Sub-Recipient and its work: Statement of Work (SOW), budget, and budget justification. All included with the VU items submitted with the Proposal.
VU is Sub-Recipient (Incoming Sub-Award funds to Vanderbilt)
- VU Letter of Intent to Prime Recipient to be signed by SPA to be returned to Prime Recipient
- Draft of Agreement from Prime Recipient, if available
Please contact your SPA specialist if you require technical assistance in creating your grant proposal.
2. Log a Grant Proposal in PEER
Research Unit creates PEER grant log (“G” log) to track proposal and capture PI Assurance Certification and Key Person(s) COI.
PI and Faculty involved as Key Persons in proposal will receive e-mail requesting Assurance and COI be completed.
Please note : Proposal will not be approved by SPA until all certifications are completed.
3. Route COEUS Proposal for Approval
When RU submits proposal to SPA for approval the proposal routed to other RUs with Faculty listed as Key Persons on the project for approval prior to being received by SPA.
4. SPA Grant Proposal Approval Processes
- Once all RUs have approved the proposal the COEUS Proposal is received in SPA for review.
- SPA Grant Coordinator updates PEER “G” Log to “Received in Central Office”.
- Proposal appears on designated SPA Specialist PEER work log indicating that proposal is waiting for review.
- SPA Administrative Review is performed. This includes:
- Sponsor guidelines - Terms and Conditions
- Abstract/Scope of Work
- Budget (F&A/Fringe Rates and Percent Effort)
- Budget Justification (compared to the budget for accuracy)
- Compliance (IACUC, IRB, etc.)
- Facilities & Resources
Please note : during review, proposal may be returned to PI/department for corrections based on budget, effort, missing narratives, required Questionnaire. Please see Routing and Possible Problems (coming soon) for more information.
5. SPA Specialist updates PEER “G” log to Completed and approves COEUS proposal.
Next step, see "Proposal Submission to Sponsor" section of "Proposal Development & Submission" page