Thank you for wanting to use the Rec's facilities. To reserve space, you must be a Rec member or have completed an off-campus contract. Rec members must have their ID present for both indoor and outdoor spaces.
Spaces Available for Rent:
- Racquetball Courts
- Squash Courts
- Indoor/Outdoor Spaces
- Teaching Kitchen*
*See below for special Teaching Kitchen reservation information.
Making a Reservation:
- To reserve a racquetball or squash court, please call (615)-343-6627 ext. 0. Racquetball and squash reservations should be made at least one hour in advance.
- All indoor and outdoor requests should be made two business days in advance of the requested date.
- You may request space through Virtual EMS or by emailing email@example.com
- No virtual requests will be approved over the weekend. All spaces can be requested for one hour for a free reservation.
- To cancel a reservation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least one business day in advance.
- Consecutive reservations are not allowed.
- Guests must be sponsored by a member, sign a waiver, and pay $10 at the Rec's Welcome Desk.
- Walk-in and same-day reservations will be made on a first come, first served basis.
- For all reservation questions, please contact:
Director, Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center
Teaching Kitchen Reservations
Are you looking for a fun and creative way to host a meeting or celebrate with your group? Cooking is a great way to gather with friends and colleagues to team build. The Teaching Kitchen is available to reserve for current students, faculty, staff, and the community. Staff are available to help you plan or lead your cooking event, or you can use the facilities independently.
Use the Teaching Kitchen for:
- Meetings & team building
- Preparing meals with groups
- Cooking classes or demos taught by one of our registered dietitians on a topic of your choice
Learn more about pricing, kitchen inventory, and policies:
What else happens here?
Vandy Cooks is a healthy cooking demo class offered monthly on various topics. Demonstrations are free, open to all and lead by Vanderbilt's celebrated chefs, registered dietitians, and expert guests. Tasty samples and recipes with nutrition analysis are provided at each session. Click here for a list of upcoming cooking demos.
For more information about reserving the Teaching Kitchen or the Vandy Cooks program, please contact:
Marilyn Holmes, MS, RDN, LDN