How to Register:
- Trips are open to all Vanderbilt University undergraduate, graduate, and professional students, faculty, staff, VUMC employees, and Rec members. To be eligible to register and participate on an Adventure Trip, you must be affiliated with the Vanderbilt community.
- Prices include transportation, in-camp food, group and/or specialized equipment, and fees. Personal gear may also be rented from the Outdoor Recreation Center. The Vanderbilt Commodore card is accepted, as well as credit/debit cards, cash, or check.
- To register for a trip, select activity from the right side bar, and then scroll down to the desired trip. Click to register online or contact Linda Rosenkranz.
- Children are not permitted on any trip. Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Trips are sold on a first-come/first serve basis.
- Prices are advertised as member/non-member.
- TRIP AVAILABILITY: If a trip still has space after the registration deadline, it can still be signed-up for until the Pre-Trip Meeting. The actual trip registration takes place on the Fusion Outdoor Rec Page . Here you can click on a trip to see how many spots are left. Don’t forget to LOG IN if you are a Vanderbilt person.
Fall 2018 Adventure Trip List
|Sept||8||Sat.||Trail Building||Bells Bend Park, Nashville, TN||8/31||Free!|
|Sept||9||Sun.||Kayaking||Duck River, TN||8/31||$52 / $57|
|Sept||15||Sat.||Hiking||Cummins Falls State Park, TN||9/7||$22 / $24|
|Sept||16||Sun.||Stand Up Paddleboarding||Green River, Mammoth Cave NP, KY||9/7||$58 / $64|
|Sept||22||Sat.||Climbing (beg.-int.)||King's Bluff, TN||9/14||$33 / $36|
|Sept||22||Sat.||WW Canoeing||Hiwassee River, TN||9/14||$66 / $72|
|Sept||23||Sun.||Horseback Riding||Ju Ro Ranch, TN||9/14||$64 / $70|
|Sept||29||Sat.||River Clean Up (Canoe)||Harpeth River, TN||9/21||Free!|
|Oct||5-6||Fri.-Sat.||WW Rafting & Camping||Ocoee River, TN||9/21*||$110 / $121|
|Oct||7||Sun.||Kayak Touring||Cordell Hull Lake, TN||9/28||$43 / $47|
|Oct||18-21||Thur.-Sun.||Backpacking||Great Smoky Mountain Nat. Park, TN||10/5*||$136 / $149|
|Oct||18-21||Thur.-Sun.||Canoe-Camping||Mammoth Cave National Park, KY||10/5*||$148 /$162|
|Oct||27||Sat.||Hiking||Twin Arches, Big S. Fork NRRA||10/12*||$32 / $35|
|Oct||28||Sun.||WW Kayak (beg.-int.)||Hiwassee River, TN||10/5*||$81 / $89|
|Nov||3||Sat.||Bouldering||Little Rock City, TN||10/26||$43 / $47|
|Nov||10||Sat.||Caving||Indian Gravepoint Cave, TN||11/2||$35 / $38|
|Dec||15-21||Sat.-Fri.||Skiing or Snowboarding||Steamboat Springs, CO||9/28*||$931+/ $971+|
|Spr. Br.||3/2-10||Sat.-Sun.||Backpacking||Grand Canyon National Park, AZ||11/15*||$1185 / $1235|
|Spr. Br.||3-2/9||Sat.-Sun.||Backpacking||Savage Gulf, S. Cumberland SP||11/15*||$235 / $255|
|+ = Meet us at the Denver Airport||* = The Deadline is earlier that usual.|
- Trips are open to all Vanderbilt University Undergraduate and Graduate Students, Faculty, Staff, Medical Staff, & Rec Members.
- Rec Members pay the first price and non-members pay the second price.
- Prices include transportation, in-camp food, group and/or specialized equipment, and fees. Personal gear may also be rented from the ORC. The Commodore Card is accepted, as well as credit cards, debit cards, cash or check.
- Participants must be 18 years or older.
- Beginners are welcome on all trips unless noted otherwise.
- Trip Registration is currently ongoing!
How to Register:
- To register for a trip, select activity from the right side bar, and then scroll down to the desired trip. Click to register online (with Fusion) or contact Linda Rosenkranz.
- Once you are on the Fusion Website for our trip registration, log in with your VUnet ID, or sign in if you do not have a VUnet ID.
Trip Refund Policy
If you wish to cancel your adventure trip reservation for any reason, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- You must notify Linda Rosenkranz
- If you request a cancellation of your reservation more than 30 days in advance, you will be issued a full refund.
- If you are requesting a cancellation less than 30 days in advance, you are responsible for finding a replacement participant and will be issued a refund. If necessary, we will assist if there is a waiting list for this trip.
- If Linda helps you find a replacement for this trip, an administrative fee will be deducted from your refund amount; please see the table below:
$0 - $50
$51 - $100
$101 - $200
$201 - $400
$401 and above