Research Area: Cognition and Cognitive Neuroscience
language brain specialization with development
1. Wang J*, Joanisse M.F., Booth J.R. (Accepted in Jan. 2018) Reading skill related to left ventral occipitotemporal cortex during a phonological awareness task in 5-6-year old children. Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience.
2. Wang J, Tang H, Deng Y*. (2015). Training induced Stroop effect can be transferred: evidences for strategy-based utility learning. Journal of Psycholinguistic Research, DOI: 10.1007/s10936-015-9397-8.
3. Wang J, Deng Y*. (2014). The effect of language system on different numerical systems in human cognition. Progress in Psychological Science, 22(6): 926-933. (In Chinese) (CSCD, Chinese Science Citation Database)
4 Deng, Y., Wu, Q., Wang, J., Feng, L., & Xiao, Q. (2016). Event-related potentials revealed an early and independent activation of grammatical information. Neuroscience Letters, 631: 19-23.
5 Cao, F., Yan, X., Wang, Z., Liu, Y., Wang, J., Spray, G. J., & Deng, Y. (2017). Neural signatures of phonological deficits in Chinese developmental dyslexia. NeuroImage, 146, 301-311.
1. Wang J. Deng Y. (Oct 2015). The top-down semantic influence on ventral occipitotemporal cortex in the early stages of Chinese reading. Poster presented in 7th meeting of the Society of Neurobiology for Language (SNL), Chicago, USA.
2. Li M, Cheng X, Guan Y, Deng Y, Wang J. (Jun 2015). The relationship between family reading and writing environments and oral verbal abilities in kindergartens. Slides presented in 1st linguistic psychology annual meeting, Peking University, China.