Vice Provost for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Search
Search Launch Date: Fall 2016
Vanderbilt University welcomes applications and nominations for the newly created position of Vice Provost for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (VP-EDI). Vanderbilt seeks a successful leader who will help advance equity, diversity, and inclusion in the trans-institutional research and educational missions of the university. The VP-EDI will support the numerous efforts in the Provost’s office and across Academic Affairs to create a welcoming environment for students, faculty and academic staff. It is critical that this person have an integrated and innovative vision that encourages shared responsibility and instills accountability, across Vanderbilt’s ten schools and colleges, for advancing institutional goals and for nurturing an existing culture committed to discovery, learning and service that rest on the core values of open inquiry, equality, compassion, and inclusive excellence. The VP-EDI will accelerate and expand equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts, programs, and initiatives affecting faculty, students, and academic staff, in and out of the classroom, that educate and graduate astute global citizens.
Please see the full job advertisement for additional details and application instructions.
- John Geer, co-chair, vice provost for academic and strategic affairs;
- Ifeoma Nwankwo, co-chair, associate provost for strategic initiatives and partnerships.
- Doug Adams, Distinguished Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Daniel F. Flowers Professor;
- Ellen Armour, E. Rhodes and Leona B. Carpenter Professor of Religion, Gender and Sexuality;
- Joey Barnett, professor of pharmacology, of medicine, of pathology, microbiology and immunology, and of pediatrics;
- Edward Cheng, professor of law;
- Jay Larry, student, Law School;
- Ariana Fowler, president, Vanderbilt Student Government;
- Ray Friedman, Brownlee O. Currey Professor of Management;
- Carolyn Huebl, professor of violin;
- Jana Lauderdale, assistant dean for diversity and inclusion, School of Nursing;
- Evelyn Patterson, assistant professor of sociology;
- Efrén Pérez, associate professor of political science; and
- Duane Watson, associate professor of psychology and human development.
The Vice Provost for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Search Committee welcomes feedback from the Vanderbilt community. Responses to this survey will be summarized for the Committee and individual responses will not be identifiable.