Vice Provost for Research Search
Search Launch Date: July 20, 2015
Start Date: February 1, 2016
The ideal candidate will be a proven leader with the ability to foster the Vanderbilt research culture and increase the visibility and recognition of our faculty. A track record of supporting diverse, extramurally supported research portfolios is critical. The scope for the new position is expanded from its current state based on feedback received from faculty on how to better support research and to include new responsibilities in support of the university’s future vision and trans-institutional strategies. The new vice provost for research also will be responsible for developing and providing stewardship for international research partnerships.
View the detailed position profile.
The search firm Russell Reynolds and Associates is assisting in the search. For more information contact: VU.VPR@russellreynolds.com
- Susan Wente, provost and vice chancellor for academic affairs, chair;
- Roger Cone, Joe C. Davis Chair in Biomedical Sciences; professor and chair, molecular physiology and biophysics;
- Peter Cummings, associate dean for research, School of Engineering; John R. Hall Chair in Chemical Engineering; professor of chemical and biomolecular engineering;
- Erin O’Hara O’Connor, Milton R. Underwood Chair in Law; director of graduate studies, Ph.D. Program in Law and Economics; chair-elect, Faculty Senate;
- David Dickinson, associate dean for research and strategic planning, Peabody College; professor of education;
- Keivan Stassun, senior associate dean for graduate education and research, College of Arts and Science; professor of physics and astronomy; director, Vanderbilt Initiative in Data-Intensive Astrophysics; co-director, Fisk-Vanderbilt Master’s-to-Ph.D. Bridge Program; and
- Liz Zechmeister, professor of political science; director of the Latin America Opinion Project.