Vanderbilt Brain Institute Director Search
Vanderbilt is seeking a nationally recognized leader and administrator in the field of neuroscience to oversee and manage the Vanderbilt Brain Institute, a flagship trans-institutional collaboration comprised of nearly 500 faculty, students and staff representing five Vanderbilt colleges and schools, 22 departments and 27 centers and institutes. One of the institute’s current responsibilities is administering the Neuroscience Graduate Program, one of the university’s largest Ph.D. programs and one of the nation’s leading programs in the graduate education of students interested in neuroscience. There are currently 81 graduate students and 64 training faculty in the program, which was named “Program of the Year” in 2012 by the Society for Neuroscience. The VBI director also oversees neuroscience research activities and community outreach and development activities.
The search commenced last year and will continue until a candidate is identified.
View the detailed position profile.
- Rene Marois, professor and chair of psychology, professor of radiology and radiological sciences
- Danny Winder, professor of molecular physiology and biophysics, professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences, professor of pharmacology, director of the Vanderbilt Center for Addiction Research and associate director of the Vanderbilt Medical Scientist Training Program
- Lauren Bryant, graduate student, neuroscience program
- Dane Chetkovich, professor and chair of neurology
- Laurie Cutting, Patricia and Rodes Hart Professor of Special Education, professor of psychology and professor of pediatrics
- Suzana Herculano-Houzel, associate professor of psychology and associate professor of biological sciences
- E. Duco Jansen, professor of biomedical engineering, professor of neurological surgery and associate dean for graduate studies in the School of Engineering
- Doug McMahon, Stevenson Professor of Biological Sciences, professor and chair of biological sciences, and professor of pharmacology
- Aaditi Naik, undergraduate student, women's and gender studies, neuroscience
- Jeffrey Neul, professor of pediatrics and director of the Vanderbilt Kennedy Center
- Sachin Patel, the James G. Blakemore Professor of Psychiatry, associate professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences, associate professor of molecular physiology and biophysics, and director of the Division of Addiction Psychiatry
- Padma Raghavan, professor of computer science and professor of computer engineering and vice provost for research
- Jeff Schall, E. Bronson Ingram Professor of Neuroscience, professor of psychology, professor of ophthalmology and visual sciences, and director of the Center for Integrative and Cognitive Neuroscience
- Richard Simerly, professor of molecular physiology and biophysics
- J. David Sweatt, Allan D. Bass Professor of Pharmacology, professor and chair of pharmacology and professor of molecular physiology and biophysics