University Librarian Search
Search Launch Date: September 10, 2015
Target Search Completion Date: April 2016
Vanderbilt University invites nominations and applications for the position of University Librarian. The University Librarian will serve as the executive administrator of the Jean and Alexander Heard Library, with responsibility for the Television News Archive and nine divisional libraries, including: the Central Library, Special Collections & University Archives, Peabody Library, Divinity Library, Alyne Queener Massey Law Library, Walker Management Library, Anne Potter Wilson Music Library, Sarah Shannon Stevenson Science & Engineering Library, and the Eskind Biomedical Library.
Reporting to the Vice Provost for Learning and Residential Affairs, the University Librarian will oversee collection acquisition and development, budgeting, staff, fundraising, the maintenance and formation of state, regional, national, and international partnerships, library services, physical space, information technology adoption and development, website development, and strategic planning. The ideal candidate will be a collegial, visionary, experienced leader, with the proven ability to manage, develop, and forward the strategic vision of an academic research library, while successfully implementing operational details and managing staff.
View the detailed position profile.
- Chris Guthrie , dean and John Wade-Kent Syverud Professor of Law, Law School, chair;
- Kathleen L. Gould , associate dean for biomedical sciences and Louise B. McGavock Chair, cell and developmental biology, School of Medicine;
- Craig Anne Heflinger, professor, human & organizational development, Peabody College;
- James Hudnut-Beumler, Anne Potter Wilson Professor of American Religious History, Divinity School;
- Lutz Koepnick, Gertrude Conaway Vanderbilt Professor of German, cinema and media arts, College of Arts & Sciences;
- Ranga Ramanujam, professor of management; Owen Graduate School of Management
- Greg Walker, associate professor of mechanical engineering, School of Engineering.