Dean of the Commons Search
Search Launch Date: November 20, 2014
Hire Date: July 1, 2015
From The Ingram Commons and Residential Life:
- Christina Bailey, assistant to the dean of The Ingram Commons;
- Frank Dobson, director of the Bishop Joseph Johnson Black Cultural Center and faculty head of Gillette House;
- Kevin Leander, associate professor in the Department of Teaching and Learning and faculty head of Memorial House;
- Catherine McTamaney, senior lecturer and director of undergraduate studies in the Department of Teaching and Learning and long-term VUceptor; and
- Tina Smith, assistant dean of students and director of Intercultural Affairs.
Other faculty representatives:
- Victor Anderson, Oberlin Theological School Professor of Ethics and Society and professor and director of the Program in African American and Diaspora Studies and Religious Studies;
- Donald Brady, professor of medicine and immediate past chair of the Faculty Senate
- John Braxton, professor of higher education, Department of Leadership, Policy and Organizations;
- Joshua Clinton, professor in the Department of Political Science and co-director of the Center for the Study of Democratic Institutions;
- Kathryn Plummer, professor of viola; and
- Donna Webb, associate professor of biological sciences and associate professor of cancer biology.
- Leslye Barth, senior, College of Arts and Science: economics;
- Pranjal Gupta, junior, School of Engineering: chemical engineering;
- Samuel Hoskins, junior, Peabody College of education and human development: human and organizational development;
- Jacqueline Scott, junior, College of Arts and Science: American studies; and
- Jackson Vaught, junior, College of Arts and Science: political science and human and organizational development.