The Copyright Committee provides recommendations about copyright policy and practice at VU. In particular, the copyright committee is charged with 1) reviewing campus compliance with the provisions of the Teach Act of 2002 and making recommendations regarding better local practice; 2) updating the “Blackboard Copyright Policy” in light of changes to the university’s course management system; 3) ensuring proper implementation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act’s (DMCA) notice and takedown procedures; and 4) recommending other policies and best practices for copyright management and compliance at VU. The copyright committee will also provide timely feedback to the university’s Office of Federal Relations in response to proposed legislative changes to the federal Copyright Act.
- Hilary Craiglow, director, Walker Management Library, chair;
- Terri Allison, director, DNP Program, School of Nursing;
- Clifford Anderson, associate librarian for research and learning, Jean and Alexander Heard Library;
- Derek Bruff, director, Center for Teaching; senior lecturer, mathematics, College of Arts and Science;
- Joe Fishman, assistant professor of law, Law School;
- James Floyd, associate counsel, Office of General Counsel;
- Stacey Floyd-Thomas, E. Rhodes and Leona B. Carpenter Chair in Ethics and Society, associate professor of ethics and society, Divinity School;
- Jen Gunderman, assistant professor, musicology, Blair School of Music;
- Sarah Igo, associate professor, history, College of Arts and Science;
- Larry Reeves, associate dean, director, Alyne Queener Massey Law Library, Law School;
- John Sloop, associate provost for digital learning, professor of communication studies, Office of the Provost;
- Craig Smith, associate dean for undergraduate education, acting associate dean for graduate education, associate professor of psychology and human development, Peabody College;
- Jim Toplon, manager, Interlibrary Loan; and
- Nicole Hawley, graduate assistant, Office of the Provost.