Campus Mental Health Support Network Working Group
This working group will advise the Office of the Provost on the structure of the University’s wellness-related offices and services with the objective of ensuring that the holistic network of wellness partners continues to meet the mental health needs of a diverse student population. Specifically, the working group will seek to augment Vanderbilt’s developmental counseling resources consistent with university counseling center best practices nationwide. Important areas for consideration will include student health insurance (SHIP) plan design, clinical care at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center, staffing, the unique needs of graduate and professional students, graduate training programs, scope of practice, policies, systems, and strategic planning, and promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The working group will begin convening biweekly in late May 2017 and conclude conversations by mid-August 2017.
- Cynthia Cyrus, vice provost for learning and residential affairs, professor of musicology, affiliated faculty in women's and gender studies, Office of the Provost, chair;
- Mark Bandas, associate provost and dean of students, Office of the Dean of Students;
- GL Black, associate dean, Office of the Dean of Students;
- Rachel Eskridge, director, Center for Student Wellbeing, Office of the Dean of Students;
- Gina Frieden, assistant professor of the practice, human and organizational development, Peabody College;
- Lauren Kysar, financial officer, Office of the Dean of Students;
- Jonathan Metzl, Frederick B. Rentschler II Professor of Sociology and Medicine, Health, and Society, professor of psychiatry, director, Center of Medicine, Health, and Society, College of Arts and Science, and School of Medicine;
- Rangaraj Ramanujam, professor of management, Owen Graduate School of Management;
- Mavis Schorn, senior associate dean for academics, professor, School of Nursing;
- Ruza Shellaway, deputy general counsel, Office of the General Counsel;
- Kurt Shepherd, senior director of finance, Finance and Administration;
- Dawn Vanderhoef, director, psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner, School of Nursing;
- Mary Michael-Woolman, assistant dean, Graduate School; and
- Sheree Wright, senior associate general counsel, Office of General Counsel.
Project Manager: Laura Walaszek Dermody, director of assessment and special projects, Office of the Dean of Students.