Faculty Advisory Council on International Education
FACIE, the Faculty Advisory Council on International Education, serves as an advisory body to the Office of Global Education and to the Vice Provost for Learning and Residential Affairs. During academic year 2017-18, FACIE should investigate the structural and programmatic support necessary for Maymesters to be seen as a university-wide enterprise; investigate further the pros and cons of leaves of absence for study abroad programs, and review and recommend ways to optimize the mechanisms to add or remove study abroad programs from the campus roster. FACIE also serves as a communication conduit for programmatic review; new programs (either provider-based or home-grown) should be vetted through FACIE prior to school-based review and governance decisions.
- Guil Gualda, assoicate professor, Earth and environmental sciences, College of Arts and Science; chair;
- Susan Barone, executive director, Global Learning and Education;
- Bharat Bhuva, professor of electrical engineering and computer engineering, School of Engineering;
- C. Andre Christie-Mizell, senior associate dean of undergraduate education, College of Arts and Science;
- Marshall Eakin, faculty director, Ingram Scholarship Program; professor of history, College of Arts and Science;
- Guil Gualda, associate professor, Earth and environmental sciences, College of Arts and Science;
- Andy Hostetler, assistant professor of the practice of social studies education, Peabody College;
- Cynthia Paschal, associate dean of undergraduate education, School of Engineering;
- Joseph Rife, director and associate professor of classical and Mediterranean studies, College of Arts and Science;
- Ruth Rogaski, associate professor of History, College of Arts and Science;
- Melissa Rose, associate dean of undergraduate education, Blair School of Music; and
- Craig Smith, associate dean for undergraduate education, acting associate dean for graduate education, Peabody College.