As Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, I work with the Chancellor to oversee academic and student affairs. Our goal is to:
- Embrace the benefits of broad-based liberal education within a highly active research environment;
- Promote values of scholarship, leadership, and collegiality in the pursuit of excellence in discovery and service within an engaged living-learning campus community;
- Educate the whole student to prepare each to be active citizens that engage, question and forge positive change in our world;
- Foster an inclusive environment that embraces diversity, providing all qualified undergraduate students with equal access to a Vanderbilt education regardless of socio-economic status; and to
- Leverage One Vanderbilt, a uniquely synergistic collection of 10 colleges and schools on a geographically central university campus.