Director: Lis Wyatt
Manager: Pamela Dowden
Building Services is responsible for the daily cleaning of campus academic, administrative, and residential buildings. Building Services also provides cleaning services in support of special university events and floods. Administrative and academic buildings are cleaned during the first and second shifts Monday through Friday and the third shift Sunday through Thursday. Student housing and Greek housing is cleaned during the first shift, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., seven days a week.
The following services are provided by Building Services:
- Complete cleaning services in interior of building as outlined in the Plant Operations-Custodial Service Levels for Academic/Administrative Buildings and the Plant Operations-Custodial Service Levels for Residential Building matrixes.
- Windows cleaning, interior and exterior on bi-annual basis.
- Window blinds cleaning for residential student buildings on bi-annual basis.
- Deep carpet extraction/cleaning once per year.
- Strip and re-finish of hard floor surfaces once per year.
These services are not routinely provided:
- Trash removal beyond normal items and frequency, heavy or bulky materials, or excessive amounts.
- Cleaning of appliances, upholstery, area rugs and window treatments.
- Carpet cleaning and stripping/re-finishing of hard floor surfaces beyond the typical once per year.
- Events support/coverage.
- Special cleaning of buildings beyond the standard coverage.
For a Building Services or housekeeping question or concern, please complete fill out a facilities service request or contact Service Information Systems (SIS) at 615- 343-9675.