Labor Certification Process
- Complete the Permanent Residency Request for University Employees or the Permanent Residency Request for Medical Center Employees.
- Meet with your Immigration Program Coordinator to discuss the permanent residency process and complete the Acknowledgement Form.
- With assistance from your immigration program coordinator and immigration counsel complete the job description according to Department of Labor standards.
- The applicant must provide evidence of meeting the criteria in the job description in order to proceed. The applicant may not have gained any of the necessary experience or skills while employed at Vanderbilt.
- A Prevailing Wage Determination will be submitted to the Department of Labor.
- Approve recruitment costs and post position in physical work site. Your Immigration Program Coordinator with post the position on Vanderbilt Jobs if necessary.
- Evaluate applicants. Evaluations will be based on the job description and an evaluation spreadsheet will be provided for you.
- Labor Certification submitted to the Department of Labor. Processing time varies but is typically between 5 and 7 months. It cannot be premium processed.
- Application for permanent residency (I-140), along with the approved Labor Certification, submitted to USCIS. Processing times vary widely; premium processing is optional.
- Adjustment of Status (I-485; to receive the permanent residence card) may be submitted concurrently or when the priority date becomes available.
- The permanent residence card will be sent directly to the employee and the employee must update both HR by visiting HR Express with the original card and immigration by submitting a copy of the card.
Political leaning influences city water policies as strongly as climate
Report: Systemic discrimination worsens health outcomes for minority boys and men
School of Nursing buildings to close temporarily starting June 27
A look back: Peabody’s Knapp Farm was early experiment in sustainability
New phone numbers for EEO, Title IX and Student Access Services offices