H1B and H4 Dependents
The H-1B visa is for temporary employment in specialty occupations. This category is regulated by both the United States Citizenship & Immigration Service (USCIS) and the Department of Labor (DOL). The H-1B category has the following key requirements:
1. The position must require theoretical and practical application of a highly specialized body of knowledge demonstrated by the minimum requirement of a Bachelor's degree.
2. The applicant must have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent related to the field the job they are offered is in. Note: If the applicant’s degree was attained at an institution outside the US it must be submitted for evaluation.
3. Vanderbilt Global Support Services must file the H-1B petition; prospective employees cannot obtain H-1B visas on their own
- Overview of H-1B Status
- LCA (Labor Condition Application)
- Responsibilities for Department and Employees
- GSS Suggested Guidelines for Sponsorship
- Case Initiation Request for University Employees or Case Initiation Request for Medical Center Employees
- H-1B FAQs