Graduate and Professional Student Housing Working Group
The Graduate and Professional Student Housing Working Group was appointed in the summer of 2016 as an initial step to develop housing options for graduate and professional students that extend learning and collaboration beyond the classroom and laboratory. With the assistance of the external consultant, Demographic Perspectives, LLC, the group visited peer institutions, held multiple working sessions, led student focus group meetings, and conducted a comprehensive survey of graduate and professional students.
As of 2018, Vanderbilt has now moved into phase 2 of these efforts. To read more about efforts currently underway, as well as an updated executive committee and advisory committee list, please visit the graduate and professional student housing progress page.
Working Group Membership
- Vicki Green, professor, Stevenson Chair in Physics;
- Chris Guthrie, dean of the Law School, John Wade-Kent Syverud Professor of Law;
- Eric Johnson, dean of the Owen Graduate School of Management, Bruce D. Henderson Professor of Management;
- Eric Kopstain, vice chancellor for administration;
- Ifeoma Nwankwo, associate provost for strategic initiatives and partnerships, Chancellor’s Higher Education Fellow, associate professor of English, of teaching and learning, and of American studies;
- Michael Perez, associate vice chancellor of administration and chief facilities officer;
- William H. Robinson, associate dean of the School of Engineering, associate professor of electrical engineering and of computer engineering, Faculty Senate representative;
- Christopher Serkin, associate dean for research, Law School, and professor of law;
- Tina Smith, interim vice chancellor for equity, diversity and inclusion;
- Brett Sweet, vice chancellor for finance and chief financial officer;
- Mark Wallace, dean of the Graduate School, Louise B. McGavock Professor of Medicine, professor of hearing and speech sciences, of psychiatry and behavioral sciences and of psychology;
- Donna Webb, associate professor of biological sciences and of cancer biology, Faculty Senate representative;
- Susan R. Wente, provost and vice chancellor for academic affairs, professor of cell and developmental biology.
- Margaret Emley, real estate
- Ally Sullivan, real estate