National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity Membership
Through Vanderbilt University’s institutional membership, all faculty, staff, graduate students, and postdoctoral scholars have access to the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD), which provides professional development, training, and mentoring. NCFDD resources are broadly applicable across academic disciplines and include a range of topics such as time management, overcoming academic perfectionism, how to develop a daily writing plan, how to write grant proposals, and more. These resources offer concrete guidance that could increase your productivity and your sense of well-being.
NCFDD member resources include:
- Weekly Monday Motivator
- Twelve monthly core training webinars
- Twelve monthly guest expert webinars
- Access to their Multi-Week Courses
- Audio, slides and transcripts of all workshops so members can learn at their convenience
- Private Discussion Forum for peer-mentoring & problem solving
- Monthly accountability buddy match
- Moderated monthly writing challenges
- Access to their Career Center where members can post and search job listings
- Access to their Member Library, which includes past workshop materials, referrals and readings.
- Targeted online writing retreats led by faculty facilitators
- Go to the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity website (http://www.facultydiversity.org/).
- Select the “Join NCFDD” tab and choose Vanderbilt University from the menu, then “Continue”
- Click the “Activate my Membership” button
- Complete the registration process
For More Information:
For any questions, please contact Dawn Turton ,Sr. Assistant Provost for Faculty and Strategic Affairs.