The links below will help guide you through the administrative processes required for hiring faculty. Please contact Danielle Certa, Administrative Manager for Faculty, with any questions or concerns.
Submit a Request to Make an Offer: REDCap is a tool used by the Office of Academic and Faculty Affairs to capture important data prior to an approved request to make an offer. Before an offer to a candidate is made, the information must be submitted via REDCap.
From Search to Signed Offer: A description of important benchmarks in the faculty search process.
Faculty Offers Standard Operating Procedure: This document may serve as a guide to offer packet requirements and provide insight into how the Office of Academic and Faculty Affairs processes the offer request.
How to Create a New Faculty Appointment: A guide to the documentation required for a new faculty appointment.
FIS (Faculty Information System): Access to the Faculty Information System is limited and requires approval by your supervisor and the Office of Academic and Faculty Affairs. For access to the system, you must first complete the relevant security form, downloadable here.
Awarding Emeritus/Retired Faculty Status: Guidance on the requirements and processes associated with awarding Emeritus or Retired faculty status.
INTERFOLIO | Getting Started
Vanderbilt University manages the promotion and tenure process through an online secure system called Interfolio Review, Promotion & Tenure. In addition, the University uses Interfolio Faculty Search to administer faculty searches.
For answers to questions regarding University policies, procedures, and requirements for promotion, tenure and faculty search:
Administrative Manager for Faculty
Office of Academic and Faculty Affairs (OAFA)
For technical support with the Interfolio tools, first contact your school’s identified Interfolio Specialist. If they cannot help you, please contact these representatives of the Academic Affairs Process and Solution Implementations (PSI) team:
INTERFOLIO | Training Materials
- Interfolio Webinars & Events
- Additional Vanderbilt Interfolio contacts, information, and selected help articles
- Interfolio Implementation Roles and Responsibilities
INTERFOLIO | Faculty Search
- Interfolio Faculty Search Resources
- VIDEO: Interfolio Faculty Search
- Faculty Search Best Practices at Vanderbilt University (coming soon)
INTERFOLIO | Review, Promotion and Tenure
- Quick Tips on Facilitating a Review, Promotion and Tenure Case in Interfolio
- Guide to Promotion and Tenure at Vanderbilt (coming soon)
- Interfolio Review, Promotion & Tenure Resources
- 2017-18 Deadlines for Promotion and Tenure
- Tenure Dossier Checklist
- Promotion Dossier Checklist
- 2018-19 Promotion and Tenure Review Committee Composition (VUNetID required)
- Review, Promotion and Tenure Best Practices at Vanderbilt University (coming soon)