In Person Training
Fundamentals of Export Control
Gain general awareness about export controls and how it affects your daily operations at Vanderbilt University. This includes a general overview of export laws and regulations, red flags you can look for in your work process, and information how to identify when export controls apply to you. Time is allotted for questions.
Department or Topic Specific Training
Additional training, basic or specific, can be arranged by contacting the VEC office. Topics you may be interested in:
- Fundamental Research Exclusion (FRE)
- Sponsored Research and Troublesome Clauses
- Visas & Deemed Exports
- International Travel and Hand-carried Items
Export Controls Decision Tree This flow chart may be used as general guidance to determine whether or not the research, shipment, export, etc. in question has export control restrictions.
Basic Export Guidance Flyer This flyer may be printed and posted to assist in providing export compliance awareness to Vanderbilt faculty and staff.
- Introduction to Export Compliance
- Export Compliance When Using Technology in Research (ID:16804)
- Export Compliance and Distance Learning (ID: 16811)
- Export Compliance for Researchers: Part I (ID: 16801)
- Export Compliance for Researchers: Part II (ID: 16802)
- Export Compliance for Research Administrators (ID: 16803)
- Export Compliance and Biosafety (ID: 16805)
- Export Compliance for Operational Departments (ID: 16806)
- Export Compliance for International Shipping (ID: 16807)
- Export Compliance and Puchasing (ID: 16808)
- Export Compliance and International and Foreign Waters (ID: 16809)
Other Training Resources