Brand Engagement and Governance creates, protects, and promotes Vanderbilt’s brand through strategic partnerships, products and services.
We ensure that Vanderbilt's brand identity is properly represented on all goods and services. Our office serves to:
- Register Vanderbilt trademarks on the state and federal levels;
- Manage trademark infringements found online, on products and business use;
- Oversee the use of Vanderbilt's intellectual property by outside companies;
- Approve Vanderbilt trademarks on merchandise including apparel, promotional products, uniforms and awards;
- Develop relationships and promotional opportunities with licensees and find ways to increase the market share of Vanderbilt products in retail stores;
- Select and manage contracts with suppliers who produce Vanderbilt merchandise for the university and Medical Center;
- Approve copyright requests to use Vanderbilt photos, music, and video;
- Generate and oversee royalty revenues for the university;
- Work with agencies to help make sure Vanderbilt products are being produced in fair working conditions.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter