Vanderbilt University Immigration Service Offices
For visa-related questions, this section should help you differentiate which Vanderbilt office to contact in the event you have questions about a specific visa status or application. It is critical that one of the offices below be involved in the earliest stages possible where prospective international visitors are involved in order to provide the most beneficial advice and services.
Contact the International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) office if you have questions regarding the following areas/visa statuses:
- F-1 Student (including Optional Practical Training/Curricular Practical Training)
- J-1 Student (including Academic Training)
- J-2 Dependent (including information about Employment Authorization Card)
Contact the Vanderbilt International Services and International Tax (VISIT) if you have questions regarding the following areas/visa statuses:
- H-1B Temporary Worker
- TN-1 Temporary Worker
- O-1 Temporary Worker
- Permanent Residency
- E-3 Free Trade Australian
- H-1B1 Free Trade Chile & Singapore
- B-1/B-2/Visa Waiver Visitors
- Honorarium for 9 or fewer days' work
Please contact International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) or the Vanderbilt International Services and International Tax (VISIT) for information, specific questions, and to determine eligibility for specific Visa categories.