Home > Past Announcements
- Are you interested in service abroad? OACS Global Service Summer 2014 applications are due November 15. The application is available here.
- Religious History Colloquium on Wednesday, November 13, 4:00-5:30 PM entitled "Parallel or Intersecting Tracks? Black Southerners and Chinese Migrants in Late-19th Century American Religious History." More information is available here.
- Interested in study abroad and service? VISAGE 2014 is accepting applications for programs in Guatemala, Northern Ireland, and Russia! More information is available here.
- October 21-29: Boom Box Bikes; Brazil USP Faculty in collaboration with VU Department of Art open for participation! For more information visit boomboxbikes.com.
- Brazil Week September 23 - 27 2013! Click here for information on events.
- The Norwegian North American Strategy for Higher Education emphasizes the importance of collaboration between Norway and the U.S. and Canada. As part of the strategy, the Norwegian Center for International Cooperation in Education administers funds for increased institutional collaboration between Norway, the U.S. and Canada. The deadline for applications for Project Funds for North America is September 4, 2013. Please find more information about North American cooperation and project funds here.Funded summer international research opportunity in Buenos Aires, Argentina open to graduate-level students and residents of the School of Medicine. Apply here.
- Courtney J. Campbell, graduate student in History, and Marshall Eakin, professor of history, have been granted a British Library Endangered Archives Grant for the project "Digitising endangered seventeenth to nineteenth century secular and ecclesiastical sources in São João do Carirí e João Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil". Similarly, Jane Landers, professor of history, also received funding for her proposal, "Digitising the documentary patrimony of Colombia's Caribbean coast: the ecclesiastical documents of the Department of Córdoba"
- Owen professor Dr. Bruce Barry shares lessons in staying motivated on long-term projects with the University of Melbourne in an Up Close interview.
- Vanderbilt faculty and students visit Melbourne to join Melbourne's Interdisciplinary leadership doctoral program.
- Congratulations to our Fall 2012 VIO Grant Recipients! View a list of recipients here.
- The STEM Chateaubriand Fellowship Program provides opportunities for outstanding doctoral students who are enrolled in any STEM discipline at universities in the United States to engage in research in a laboratory in France for 4-9 months. The Office of Science and Technology of the Embassy of France in Washington, D.C. offers "a stipend of 1,400 euros per month (depending on other sources of funding) and covers cost of travel and student health insurance." The deadline to apply is February 1, 2013 for fellowships starting anytime between September 1, 2013 and April 1, 2014
- Vanderbilt University Presents: Human Identities: Global, Local, Personal
- CRC-Vanderbilt Hillel events tackle Middle East from Israeli, Palestinian viewpoints: Event Information
- Congratulations to our Fall 2012 VIO Grant Recipients! View a list of past recipients here.
- Listen to Marshall Eakin, Professor of History, discuss Brazil’s long path to a national consensus on what it means to be Brazilian. Professor Eakin was interviewed by the University of Melbourne’s online talk show, “Up Close,” while participating in Melbourne’s inaugural Latin America Dialogue.
- Vanderbilt and the University of Alberta Collaborate to Host Interdisciplinary Women and Food Workshop
- Identity, Memory, and Experience: Collaboration with the Carlos III University in Madrid, Spain marks four years through the support of a past VIO grant and current grant from the Spanish government. Listen to a podcast here where Vanderbilt faculty discuss international work onIntimacy and Authority.
- Graduate students interested in going abroad to pursue research and study projects can apply to the Fulbright Scholarship, the NSEP Boren Graduate Fellowship, and the Critical Language Scholarship programs. The final deadline for Fulbright applications is September 15, 2012; all applications must be submitted through Vanderbilt's Office of Honor Scholarships. Students interested in the Fulbright Scholarship should contact Lyn Fulton-John to begin the application process.
- Vanderbilt and University of Melbourne partnership takes another step forward
- Vanderbilt and the University of Melbourne fund $344,000 in joint research projects
- Prof. Eva Harth interviewed by the University of Melbourne on “Up Close”Targeted delivery: The promise of nanotherapies in treating cancer.