The Vanderbilt International Office facilitates individual and institutional connections between Vanderbilt faculty, researchers, staff, students, alumni and the world. VIO supports the development of strategic international programs and partnerships and promotes global engagement at all levels of the university.
- The Vanderbilt community remembers Nelson Mandela. Watch a South African student remember the human rights leader here.
- Applications for the Junior Research Fellowship Scheme and the Senior Fellowship Scheme are currently available through the Durham International Fellowships for Research and Enterprise. More information is available here.
- Registration for the Annual Global Health Case Competition organized by VIGH Student Advisory Council ends January 17th. To learn more and register a team, click here.
- Matthew Layton, a political science student, has won a Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad Fellowship from the U.S. Department of Education and the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board. The award will support six months of fieldwork in Brasilia, Brazil for continuation of his dissertation research. The full list of awarded grants is available here.
- The United Nations Academic Impact Student Essay Contest is now open. The theme of the essay is Many Languages, One World. Winners of the essay contest will be invited to participate in a 5-day International Youth Forum in New York and and present at the United Nations Headquarters. For more information or to enter the essay contest, please visit the contest website here. Submissions are due by February 21, 2014.
- The Brazilian Studies Association (BRASA) announces the 2014 Brazilian Initiation Scholarship Competition. BRASA invites applications from graduate and undergraduate students for a one-time $1,500 travel scholarship to do exploratory research in Brazil. This scholarship targets aspiring Brazilianists with relatively little or no experience in Brazil. More information is available here.
- The Department of State has released a worldwide travel alert regarding potential threats in the Middle East and North Africa. Please see the full travel alert here.
- The U.S. Department of State has added Egypt to the list of countries with a travel warning. Therefore, student travel is restricted to Egypt until further notice. See VU's policy on student international travel.
- Calls for proposals for international strategic collaboration with Utrecht University are now available here.
Past Announcements »