Home > Seminars and Other Activities
Seminars and Other Activities
VIDL hosts seminars and other outreach events on digital learning. To be added to our events email list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our events are captured by VUIT streaming video services (http://it.vanderbilt.edu/services/streaming/).
Other campus partners who host events that may be of similar interest:
- Scholarly Communications at The Jean and Alexander Heard Library: http://www.library.vanderbilt.edu/scholarly/workshops.php
- The Center for Teaching: http://cft.vanderbilt.edu/events/
- The Curb Center for Art, Enterprise & Public Policy: http://www.vanderbilt.edu/curbcenter/
Previous VIDL events:
- October 22, 2015: : In-class Polling systems, with participants Shane Hutson (Physics), Stephen Buckles (Economics), and Sean Polyn (Psychology). Co-sponsored with Center for Teaching. See a brief description here: https://cft.vanderbilt.edu/events/conversations-on-digital-pedagogy/.
- April 7, 2015: Using a Flipped or Hybrid Classroom, with participants Katherine Friedman (Biological Sciences), Jesse Blocher (Owen), and Emilianne McCranie (Chemistry). Co-sponsored with Center for Teaching. See video streaming archive below.
- March 27, 2015: 3 Minute Thesis Presentations, co-sponsored by VIDL https://my.vanderbilt.edu/vidl/2015/03/graduate-student-council-3mt-friday/. Video to follow.
- Thursday, March 19, 2015: Using Twitter in the classroom, with participants Aimi Hamraie (MHS), Don Rodrigues (English) and Vivian Finch (German). Co-sponsored with Center for Teaching. See video streaming archive below.
- January 28, 2015: Lightning Talks and Discussions from our VIDL Graduate Fellows Especially of interest to applicants for the 2015-16 graduate fellow awards. See video streaming archive below.
- January 21, 2015: Lightning Talks and Discussions from our 2014-15 VIDL Innovation Grants recipients . Especially of interest to applicants for the 2015-16 awards (please see http://www.vanderbilt.edu/vidl/support/faculty-innovation-program.php). See video streaming archive below.
- September 30 - October 2, 2014: Educause 2014. Webinars and presentations of events from Educause 2014 - Co-hosted by VIDL, VUIT, and VUSM.
- April 21, 2014: BOLD Fellows Presentations. Co-sponsored with Vanderbilt's Center for Teaching
- February 24, 2014: TAing to Thousands is a panel of teaching assistants drawn from Vanderbilt's Coursera-hosted massive open online courses to date. Co-sponsored by Vanderbilt's Center for Teaching, Graduate School, Jean and Alexander Heard Library, and the Vanderbilt Institute for Digital Learning. #TeachTo1000s #VanderbiltU . See video streaming archive below.
- February 13, 2014: "Data Mining and Educational Data Mining: An Overview " Professor Gautam Biswas will discuss his extensive research into educational data mining and the paradigm of computer-mediated learning by teaching. See video streaming archive below.
- February 6, 2014: Supporting Campus in the Cloud, Doug Fisher See video streaming archive below
- January 13, 2104: "Teaching to Thousands " is a panel discussion of Vanderbilt's most recent Coursera offerings in Fall 2013 -- Online Games: Literature, New Media, and Narrative with instructor Jay Clayton; and Data Management for Clinical Research with instructors Stephany Duda, Paul Harris, and Firas Wehbe. The panel was co-sponsored by the Vanderbilt Institute for Digital Learning and Vanderbilt's Center for Teaching. See video streaming archive below. #TeachTo1000s #VanderbiltU
Streaming video of Using a Flipped or Hybrid Classroom
Streaming video of Using Twitter in the classroom
Streaming video of Lightning Talks and Discussions from our VIDL Graduate Fellows
Streaming videos of Lightning Talks from VIDL's 2014-15 Faculty Innovation Grant Recipients
Stephany Duda - Building Modular Courses in Global Health Informatics
Taneya Koonce - Deploying Collaborative Technology to Expand and Enhance Learning
Ifeoma Nwankwo - Our America Digital Learning Lab
Julia Phillipi - Midwifery Skills Through a New Lens
Streaming video of TAing to Thousands
Streaming video of Supporting Campus in the Cloud
Streaming video of Data Mining and Educational Data Mining: An Overview
Streaming video of Teaching to Thousands