Home > Seminars and Other Activities
Seminars and Other Activities
VIDL hosts seminars and other outreach events on digital learning. To be added to our events email list, please email email@example.com. Our events are captured by VUIT streaming video services at http://it.vanderbilt.edu/services/streaming/.
- Stay tuned
- Monday, January 13 (12:00 - 1:30, Central Library 800BB): "Teaching to Thousands " overviews Vanderbilt's most recent Coursera offerings in Fall 2013 on Online Games: Literature, New Media, and Narrative with instructor Jay Clayton; and Data Management for Clinical Research with instructors Stephany Duda, Paul Harris, and Firas Wehbe. The panel was co-sponsored by the Vanderbilt Institute for Digital Learning and Vanderbilt's Center for Teaching. See video streaming archive below. #TeachTo1000s #VanderbiltU
- Thursday, February 6 (4:00 - 5:00 PM, Jacobs Believed in Me Auditorium): Supporting Campus in the Cloud , Doug Fisher See video streaming archive below.
- Thursday, February 13 (4:00 - 5:00 PM, Jacobs Believed in Me Auditorium): "Data Mining and Educational Data Mining: An Overview " Professor Gautam Biswas will discuss his extensive research into educational data mining and the paradigm of computer-mediated learning by teaching. See video streaming archive below.
- Monday, February 24 (12:00 - 1:30 PM, Central Library Community Room): TAing to Thousands is a panel of teaching assistants drawn from Vanderbilt's Coursera-hosted massive open online courses to date. Co-sponsored by Vanderbilt's Center for Teaching, Graduate School, Jean and Alexander Heard Library, and the Vanderbilt Institute for Digital Learning. #TeachTo1000s #VanderbiltU . See video streaming archive below.
- Monday, April 21 (3:00 - 4:00 pm, Location TBA): BOLD Fellows Presentations. Co-sponsored with Vanderbilt's Center for Teaching
Streaming video of Teaching to Thousands
Streaming video of Supporting Campus in the Cloud
Streaming video of Data Mining and Educational Data Mining: An Overview
Streaming video of TAing to Thousands (coming soon)