Join our trained kayak instructors on Tuesday evenings from 7-9 p.m. at the pool for our weekly kayak roll classes. Participants will be trained in a variety of introductory whitewater kayaking skills including: equipment introductions, paddling strokes, wet exits, assisted rescues, and the kayak roll.
Each class is independent from the others. Knowledgeable kayak instructors and kayaking equipment are provided for class participants. Participants are welcome to bring their own equipment, however, it must be thoroughly rinsed prior to entering the pool.
Each class is $5.00 for current Rec members and $15.00 for non-Rec members.
Fall 2018 Kayak Clinic Schedule
- Registration will open at noon on August 22, 2018.
- Classes are limited to the first 5 people who sign up each week.
- Registered participants must check in at the Rec's Welcome Desk upon arrival.
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age to participate.
- Cancellations – Email Erin Mitchell at least seven days before your class to receive a refund. Cancellations made after that time will not receive a refund.
Not sure where to park? Learn more here.
For more information, call Erin Mitchell, Activities Coordinator, with any questions at (615) 343-3844.