How to Register:
- Trips are open to all Vanderbilt University undergraduate, graduate, and professional students, faculty, staff, medical staff, and VRWC members.
- Prices include transportation, in-camp food, group and/or specialized equipment, and fees. Personal gear may also be rented from the Outdoor Recreation Center. The Vanderbilt Commodore card is accepted, as well as credit/debit cards, cash, or check.
- To register for a trip, select activity from the right side bar, and then scroll down to the desired trip. Click to register online or contact Linda Rosenkranz
- Children are not permitted on any trip. Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Trips are sold on a first-come/first serve basis.
View the Spring 2017 Adventure Trip schedule here
|Date start||Date end||Days||Activity||Location||Deadline||Cost|
|012/11||2/11||Sat.||Hiking||Bearwaller Gap Trail, TN||2/3||$23|
|022/18||2/18||Sat.||Caving||Indian Gravepoint, TN||2/10||$33|
|032/25||2/25||Sat.||Trail Building (Mtn. Bike Trail)||Bells Bend Park, Nashville, TN||2/17||Free|
|043/4||3/12||Spring break||Backpacking||Grand Canyon N.P., AZ||1/10*||$1,135|
|053/18||3/18||Sat.||Climbing||Black Mountain, TN||3/1*||$38|
|063/18||3/18||Sat.||Trail Building (Mtn. Bike Trail)||Bells Bend Park, Nashville, TN||3/1*||Free|
|073/25||3/25||Sat.||Hiking||Laurel Falls, SNA, TN||3/17||$30|
|083/26||3/26||Sun.||Rappelling||The Great Stone Door, SCSP, TN||3/17||$31|
|093/26||3/26||Sun.||Horseback Riding||Ju Ro Ranch, TN||3/17||$60|
|104/1||4/2||Sat.-Sun.||Backpacking||The Great Stone Door, SCSP, TN||3/24||$62|
|114/1||4/1||Sat.||Lake Clean-up/Canoeing||Cordell Hull Lane, TN||3/24||Free|
|124/8||4/8||Sat.||Whitewater Kayaking||Clear Creek, TN||3/24*||$65|
|134/8||4/8||Sat.||Canoeing||Red River, TN||3/31||$37|
|144/9||4/9||Sun.||Kayak Touring||Center Hill Lake, TN||3/31||$43|
|154/14||4/15||Fri.-Sat.||WW Rafting & Camping||Ocoee River, TN||3/31*||$100|
|164/15||4/15||Sat.||Kayaking||Harpeth River, TN||4/7||$41|
|174/22||4/22||Sat.||Trail Maintenance & Climbing||Kings Bluff, TN||4/14||Free|
|184/23||4/23||Sun.||Hiking||Short Springs & Old Stone Fort, TN||4/14||$20|
|195/5||5/8||Fri.-Mon||Backpacking||Great Smokey Mtn. N.P., TN||4/7*||$136|
|218/5||8/13||Sat.-Sun.||Backpack, camp, & hike||Glacier National Park, MT||4/7||$895+|
+ : Provide your own airfare to Spokane, WA.
*: The deadline is earlier than usual.
- Most trips are designed for a small group of people (10-12), and many of the trips require no previous experience. The fee for each trip covers the activity, transportation, in-camp food, camping fees, and group equipment. For more information, look for flyers around campus or stop by the Outdoor Recreation Center (at 2600 Children’s Way and behind the new Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center) during ORC rental hours. This is also where the Pre-Trip Meeting takes place.
- Trips are open to all Vanderbilt University undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. They are also open to faculty, staff, and VRWC members.
- Prices include transportation, in-camp food, group and/or specialized equipment, and fees. Personal gear may also be rented from the Outdoor Recreation Center.
- The Vanderbilt Card is accepted, as well as credit cards, debit cards, cash, or check. Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Beginners are welcomed on all trips, unless otherwise noted.
- Alcohol is not permitted on any trip.
Trip Refund Policy
If the participant cancels from the trip:
1. He/She must notify Linda Rosenkranz or the Outdoor Recreation Center (ORC)
2. The refund depends on when notification is given
- If more than 30 days in advance, the participant will be issued a full refund.
- If 30 days or less in advance, the participant is responsible for finding their own replacement and refund. If there is a waiting list, or there are at least a few days prior to the trip, then we will try to help. If no list exists, you are responsible for your own replacement.