Vanderbilt’s Recreation and Wellness Center is a recently renovated facility with 290,000 square feet of indoor space.
Welcome Center & Equipment Desk
- Customer services
- Membership Sales
- Equipment checkout
- Tours by request
Entrance is located on north end of building between Natchez Trace and 25th Avenue. Find all of your recreation and wellness needs in one place.
Food available at the VRWC:
Conveniently located near the entrance to the Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center, Smoothie King offers more than 40 smoothies with real fruit, all-natural juices and a functional mix of vitamins and nutrients to fit every need or lifestyle.
Fall 2016 Hours:
Our facility features:
- Indoor turf football field
- 300 meter rubber track
- 4 lighted multipurpose fields
- 1 artificial turf field
- Multipurpose indoor pool
- 15- 25 yard lanes plus shallow recreational area
- Depth from 3'6'' to 10'
- Temperature of pool maintained at 82 degrees
- The demonstration kitchen and classroom is a unique space able to serve the culinary needs of groups 2 – 60 in size.
- Built-In Double Convection/Thermal Wall Oven
- Built-In Dishwasher
- Four Burner 36" Built-In Electric Cooktop
- Built-In Microwave Oven
- 25.1 Cubic Foot Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator
- 36" Island Ventilation Hood
- Tables and Chairs
- Audio Visual/Sound System
- Culinary supplies are not included
- Available for reservation
- 4 Brunswick bowling lanes
- Free shoe rentals
- Family friendly
- 19 feet high and offers over 1,400 square feet of climbing and bouldering.
- Entre Prises built, Mozaik wall includes features like arêtes and overhangs
- Bouldering is allowed up to the 12 foot
- No extra cost to climb, rent shoes and harnesses, or even learn how to belay
- Monthly open set nights
- Available for reservation
Outdoor Recreation Center
- The Outdoor Recreation Center (ORC) offers 50 Adventure Trips per year. Trips included 4-6 big (7-9 day) trips backpacking in Grand Canyon National Park, Zion National Park, Yosemite National Park, hiking and white water rafting in Rocky Mountain National Park, and skiing in Steamboat Springs, CO. Weekly kayak roll clinics are offered as well as trips to go whitewater kayaking every semester. It also offers a variety of quality outdoor equipment for Vanderbilt University students and Rec members.
- Features 3 basketball courts
- 14,000-sq. ft. fitness center
- Selecterize weight machines
- Wide variety of cardio equipment including rowing machines, treadmills, ellipticals, and more
- TRX training area
- Power room with ply metric stations
- Motion cage
- Kettle bells
- Free weight room
- Medicine balls
- 4,500-sq. ft. fitness loft overlooking athletics fields
- Wide variety of cardio equipment including bikes, treadmills, ellipticals, and more
- Fitness assessment area
- Medicine balls, yoga / stability / bosu balls
- Stretching mats