- Apply online.
- Use our online recommendation feature and provide an e-mail address for each of your recommenders. Using this feature will make sure your recommenders are instantly notified. Reference letters received via the online process will attach to your record as soon as they are received.
- If you do not provide e-mail addresses for your recommenders, you must contact your recommender and ask them to expedite the reference letter. Please be sure any paper letters of recommendation are sent in duplicate and to the proper address by the deadline set by your program.
- Scan and upload into your on-line application copies of your unofficial transcripts for all prior undergraduate and graduate academic work. Do not send transcripts by mail. Only the transcripts you upload to your on-line application will be considered in evaluating your application.
- Be sure to have official reports of your GRE scores (and TOEFL, if required) sent to Vanderbilt before the application deadline. Vanderbilt's institution code is 1871. Click here for a complete list of department codes.
- Make sure that your name and the program to which you are applying appear on all credentials being submitted on your behalf.
- Complete all four steps as outlined on the first screen of the online application. We cannot give full consideration to your application until you have officially submitted it.
- Verify that you are applying for the program, semester and degree option you intend.
- If you need assistance with the online application, please send an email. Be specific in your request and include your name, the program to which you are applying, and the degree you are seeking in the subject line of your email. This will help us to resolve your question sooner by eliminating extra emails to request further details.