Home > Research & Foreign Collaborators
Awareness of export control laws and regulations at all stages of any research project (sponsored or non-sponsored) is important. Consider the following questions as they relate to your research before you begin your work:
- Are there Export Control Issues that apply to your research project?
- Are there any publication restrictions or restrictions on foreign national participation?
- Are "troublesomeclauses" in the agreement?
- Will your research require a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA), Proprietary Information Agreement (PIA), or Confidentiality Agreement (CDA) ?
- Does the project involve foreign travel or sending physical exports to a foreign country?
- If the answer to any of these questions is "yes," then export compliance and export control laws are relevant to your research. Work closely with your Contract Negotiator and VEC for additional guidance to ensure compliance in your work.