Home > Entrepreneurship
Do you have an idea that will change the world? Help someone solve a problem? Have you always had a desire to launch your own company?
Great ideas and great businesses aren’t developed in a vacuum. The Center for Student Professional Development staff wants you to benefit from the experience and expertise of others. Building your network is one of the best things you can do to find a job or internship, and it is even more vital for entrepreneurs.
The Center has compiled the following resources to assist Vanderbilt students in connecting with entrepreneurial communities on campus, in Nashville and beyond.
These courses enable you to learn about the process for creating your own business – or in some cases to start it! Check YES to see when these courses take place.
- Survey of Entrepreneurship (MGRL 194) – Managerial Studies
- Entrepreneurial Challenge (MGRL 195) – Managerial Studies
- Entrepreneurship: The Business Planning Process (MGRL 196) – Managerial Studies
- Technology-Based Entrepreneurship (ENGM 253) – Engineering Management
Campus & Community Organizations
Getting involved in on-campus and community organizations is a great way to meet others who share an interest in entrepreneurship.
Vanderbilt Innovation and Entrepreneurship Society (VINES)
The student-led Vanderbilt Innovation and Entrepreneurship Society strives to serve as an educational resource for students of Vanderbilt University with an interest in entrepreneurship or innovation.
Vanderbilt Center for Technology Transfer & Commercialization (CTTC)
The Center for Technology Transfer and Commercialization provides professional commercialization services to the Vanderbilt community. In accordance with the Vanderbilt Policy on Technology, Literary and Artistic Works, this includes inventions/creations made by Vanderbilt faculty, staff and students.
These Nashville-area resources may also be of help to you as you build your business network:
- Nashville Entrepreneur Center
- Nashville Entrepreneurs’ Organization
- Launch Tennessee
- Score Nashville
- Startup Tennessee
For further reading, check out these articles, related to entrepreneurship, start-ups and innovation:
- Lessons From Vanderbilt And Rockefeller: Know Your 'One Big Thing'
- The 15 Best Accelerators In The U.S. (March 2014)
- SXSW 2014: Five Things We Learned