Join us for Commencement:
May 6, 7 and 8, 2015
Sign up for our
2015 Director's Letters
2015 Commencement Handbook
Vanderbilt Commencement is a three day celebration open to graduates, their family and friends. Tickets are not required for any event except THE PARTY on Wednesday night. Guests are encouraged to attend all events your schedule will allow.
Interesting facts about Vanderbilt's Commencement ceremony:
- Students receive their original diploma as they cross the stage as opposed to it being mailed after the ceremony.
- Only the Chancellor addresses the graduates on Commencement Day. Senior Day is reserved for our guest speaker. This day is all about the graduates!
- Vanderbilt does not award honorary degrees.
- You must complete all degree requirements to participate in the ceremony.
- Commencement happens once a year on the 2nd Friday in May.
2 p.m. - 3 p.m.
3:15 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.
All ten schools process in simultaneously before degrees are conferred and the Chancellor's address. Strawberries and Champagne, a reception for the undergraduate class of 2015 hosted by the Chancellor, immediately follows the main ceremony.
9 a.m. - Noon